Haibun: Facebook Ads

As I spend more money, the more junk mail I get. Each set on explaining how my life would be so much better with this new item they have to sell. My news feed on Facebook trips over itself to make my life flawless with this digital course or that.

I don’t blame them, I want to make more money like they do. My life has problems darting in and out, and there are few problems that can’t go away with enough money. Our whole economy and social structures are tied to capitalism and a status system based on one’s wealth. So, the endless Facebook admen [and women] hold their solutions up to me and say, “With your money, you can have my outcome.”

But, for them to make more money, I have to spend money on promises that I don’t want. I think my solutions work better for me than becoming them would work for me.





Popular Posts